TI : Relationship of image magnification between periapical standard film and orthopantomogram
AU : Kim young tae, park, tae won
AD : Dept. of Oral Radiology, College of Dentistry Seoul National University
SO : JKAOMFR. 1986;16(1):25-30
ISSN : 1225-049X
PY : 1986
LA : KOREAN
CP : KOREA
AB : The author studied the magnification ratio of teeth length in orthopantomogram through intraoral film taken by standardized paralleling technique. In this study, intraoral radiograph and orthopantomogram were taken in 2 cases of dry skull and 36 adults(504 teeth).
The obtained results were as follows:
1. In case of dry skull, the magnification ratio of standard films was 4.6% to 5.9% and that of Orthopantomograph 5 was 15.1% to 33.1%. The magnification ratio of to the standard film was 9.2% to 26.5%
2. In case of adults, the magnification ratio Orthopantomograph 5 to the standard films was 9.5% to 24.6%
3. There were no significant difference in magnification between left and right.
4. Anterior teeth had lesser magnification than teeth.
5. It was considered that teeth length showed in Orthopantomograph 5 was magnified 15.4% to 31.3% than actual teeth length.